Monday, June 1, 2020

Return from the Dead

Back from the dead,
like this guy (Photo source)
Hello, nonexistent audience of a long-abandoned blog. I’ve decided to resurrect PopPen temporarily and post some of my pop culture ramblings here. You may be asking questions like Why? Well, it’s Day 80-ish of quarantine and I’m intensely bored. And as it turns out, I have a strong desire to create (yes, this is the most pretentious thing I’ve ever said). You may also be asking questions like If you were so bored, why didn’t you resume this earlier? The answer to that is simply, I didn’t think of it earlier; what do you want from me?!

To be fair, the idea must have been stewing in the back of my brain because a few weeks ago, I sent Irene this Atlantic review of Sally Rooney’s fantastic book Normal People with the comment, “I don't know why I'm only realizing it now, but this article made me realize you can write book reports for a living.” And I’ve long wanted to start an “articles club” (h/t Cup of Jo) but either a) no one wanted to do this with me 😢 or equally likely, b) I forgot to actually ask friends whether they wanted to do this with me. So here I am, with the intent to post my opinions on the internet for absolutely no one to read. And good! Pressure’s off to write anything of quality.

In the next few days I will be posting content such as:

Topic suggestions are extremely welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment